Sunday, October 21, 2007

The first snowfall of the season

Location: Home

I had a surprise this morning! I woke up this morning and looked outside as I usually do and found that it had snowed about 2 or 3 inches in my front yard, and there was more snow in the mountains. All the green grass and still green trees were covered in a blanket of fluffy snow. This caused many trees to be strained under the weight of the leaves and snowfall, and some broke, but all of my trees seemed to hold up well. The white-barked aspens in my front yard had lost most of their leaves, and were covered in a fine layer of snowfall. The first snowfall of the year is always a special treat.


The first snowfall of the year from the front of my house

After preparing my Sunday school lesson on Acts 21-28, I hurried off to the ward choir, where we had a final practice before our sacrament meeting performance. Like I said, my Sunday school lesson was on Acts 21-28, and it was made easier because of a great video put out by the church about the life of Paul the Apostle. The video lasted 11 minutes, and I filled in the missing parts and tried to get some class participation between segments of the video. I wish I could be more courageous and confident in what I am supposed to be doing like Paul was after his vision. He was really a great apostle.

After church, I hurried home and went around to a few of my neighbors to try to collect Friends of Scouting offerings. I was asked to collect the offerings from 4 of the houses around mine. This took a very short amount of time, and then I went down to my brother’s house in Provo where we celebrated my nephew Lincoln’s first birthday (it was also Loren’s brother-in-law’s birthday, so we had a double birthday party). We had so much food that it was like the Thanksgiving holiday. There was turkey, nutty Jello, vegetables, rolls, olives, mashed potatoes, pies, and most everything you could want at a turkey dinner. It was really great and I felt like a stuffed turkey afterwards. In one game I play with my niece, I pretend to want to eat her because I say that I’m hungry. But I was not hungry in any way after this fabulous feast. We then opened presents. I think Lincoln was happy to see his presents from me…a “sippy” cup and a chewable moose that can be used for teething. He will be one year old.



Lincoln ("Linky Love" we call him) at his first birthday party

No comments: