Tuesday, October 16, 2007

FHE and a Hike in the Rain

Location: At home

Yesterday, I went to visit my brother to eat dinner and have Family Home Evening with him. We had butternut squash soup with lots of apple-based ingredients and some other stuff. I was going to make it, but my sister-in-law was kind enough to make it instead. I guess I was expecting that it would turn out a little less sweet than it did, but the soup was satisfying. I’m glad we had some delicious breadsticks to go with it. My nephew Lincoln, who is almost 1 year old, will probably start walking soon. Here he is standing up:

Lincoln learning to stand up

Tonight after getting home, I drove up to Dry Canyon and went hiking around in the dark, drizzly weather. It was kind of spooky, but it was a nice hike. I found some new trails that led from the meadow above the Dry Canyon cliffs, over the front ridge of the mountains, and back to the parking lot. After this trail reached the ridge and started heading down to the bottom of the valley, it really turned into a road. It was dark, but the scenery did not seem very good and the road was quite steep, so I don’t think I’ll ever try riding it on my bike. I always love finding new trails and exploring around, even if it is a trail I will probably never use for mountain biking. I’m just glad to know that this trail is there. Unfortunately, I don’t have any pictures because it was too dark. You would have to be there to understand what a great time I had!

After arriving back at the parking lot, I noticed a few boxes and pieces of trash lying around. I went ahead and picked up the trash, threw it in the back of my car, and threw it away at home. I don’t know why people throw their trash in beautiful areas like Dry Canyon when garbage service is so readily available anywhere you are. We can only do our part to help keep things cleaned up.

No comments: