Friday, April 4, 2008

Washing Windows

I get lots of advertisements from people who want to wash the windows at my house. I think that’s something I can do on my own, but I must not do it often enough because this morning I was looking out my kitchen window and all I could think of was how spotted and dirty it was. So I decided that I would spend time washing my upstairs windows tonight. I started this thinking it would be a small task that could be done in a few minutes, but after I began, I realized this was a bigger task than I anticipated. I think this happens with many things we set out to do.

One problem I encountered was that I could not reach all the windows. This was easy to fix. I just lugged the heavy ladder around the house with me as I cleaned all my windows. The second problem I had was that my windows had screens over them. This problem was a little trickier since I had to go inside and open each window to take the screens off properly. The screens were very stubborn, and would not come off easily. Putting them back on after the windows were cleaned was a whole different challenge. Eventually, I was able to finish cleaning all my windows and replace all the screens. I am so proud of a job well done (not a prideful type of pride, but a warm, happy feeling that I did a good job and now I have clean windows—I like things to be clean).

I am excited that tomorrow is General Conference. It will give me an excuse to sit down and rest while I enjoy the conference sessions.

1 comment:

Monica Sue said...

chris, job well done. i'm sure your windows sparkle.
send your advertisements my way because i have three stories of windows, but not a long ladder to reach them. it's worth paying someone to clean them.