Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Home Teaching, Running, and Bike Rides

I was recently called as the Elder’s Quorum Secretary in my ward. I have spent the last hour trying to find a good way to organize the Elder’s quorum home teaching list using a Google Spreadsheet. I think I found a good way. Hopefully I can get the presidency to use and edit the Google Spreadsheet, and I will only need to worry about keeping the church computer’s copy of the home teaching list up-to-date.

I have had a good time riding my bike to and from work during the last two days. It has been pretty cold as I rode to work in the mornings, but this morning the sun was up. It was cold, but it was good to feel the sunshine on my face as I rode. Yesterday, as I was riding home, the sun was setting and the mountains had a unique glow to them.

I will be running in the Ogden Marathon in May, so I am getting ready for that. Besides riding my bike to and from work every day (7 miles each way), my preparation consists of running all around my house early in the morning. This morning was a clear but cold morning. As I was running, the light from the sun began to appear and I saw the crescent of the waning moon just above Cascade Mountain as I ran along the Provo Reservoir Canal on my way home. It was an amazing sight. I’m glad I was able to spend time outside this morning.

I went on an amazing run up in Provo Canyon on Saturday. That day, I ran up the canyon to Timpanogos Park. From this park, there’s a road I call the “roller-coaster” road that heads up about 500 feet to the “Bonneville Shoreline” trail/road. After connecting with this road, I took a trail (part of the Great Western Trail) that drops down from a gate on the road to Canyon Glen Park. There are some amazing views of Cascade Mountain and Mt. Timpanogos from this section of the Great Western Trail. From Canyon Glen Park, I ran home. Here is the route—about 8 miles total:


2 comments:

Monica Sue said...

sounds like an awesome run. way to go up and down the roller coaster trails! i have been debating trappers loop for part of my training. not quite there yet.

it's fun to see new things on your site. you can add to nudg as well.

Lance and Kristi said...

Yeah! You updated your blog!!!! Glad to hear how you are doing. Good luck in the marathon.